Anthargange is a small hill range located in the Kolar district of Karnataka. The hill range is popular among trekking enthusiasts due to its scenic beauty and caves that are perfect for exploring. Here is a detailed trek itinerary along with essential trekking information, fitness and training tips, safety tips, things to carry, costs, etc. for Anthargange Trek.
- Start from Bangalore in the morning and reach the Anthargange base camp by noon.
- After lunch, start trekking to the top of Anthargange Hill, which takes about 2-3 hours to reach.
- Explore the caves on the top and enjoy the panoramic views of the surrounding hills and valleys.
- Descend back to the base camp by evening and have dinner.
- Stay overnight at the base camp.
- Wake up early in the morning and trek to the nearby Kashi Vishwanatha Temple to witness the sunrise.
- Have breakfast and pack up to leave the base camp.
- Visit the nearby Kolar Gold Fields and return back to Bangalore by evening.
Essential Trekking Information:
- Anthargange Trek is a moderate level trek, which means it requires a moderate level of fitness and trekking experience.
- The trek is best done between October to February when the weather is pleasant.
- The total trek distance is around 8-10 km and can be completed in 5-6 hours.
- The trekking trail involves steep ascents and descents, rocky terrain, and narrow paths.
- The caves on top of the hill are a major attraction and are perfect for exploring. However, caution should be taken while entering and exiting the caves as they can be narrow and slippery.
Fitness and Training Tips:
- To prepare for the Anthargange Trek, it is recommended to do regular cardio exercises like jogging, cycling, or swimming.
- Strengthening exercises like squats, lunges, and core exercises can help build endurance and strength required for the trek.
- Practicing yoga can also help improve flexibility and balance.
- Always carry sufficient water and snacks with you during the trek.
- Wear comfortable and sturdy trekking shoes with good grip.
- Carry a first-aid kit and any necessary medications with you.
- It is advised to trek in a group and not to venture off the main trail alone.
- Respect the environment and do not litter.
Things to Carry:
- Trekking shoes
- Comfortable clothing
- Sunglasses and hat
- Sunscreen lotion
- Water bottle
- Snacks and energy bars
- First-aid kit
- Headlamp or torch
- Insect repellent
- The cost of the Anthargange Trek can vary depending on the tour operator and the facilities provided.
- Generally, the cost of the trek can range from INR 1,000 to INR 3,000 per person, which includes transport, accommodation, meals, and guide charges.
Book Your Flights : Here 30% OFF on Booking
Book Your Hotels : Here 20% OFF on Booking