Bilikal Rangaswami Betta, also known as BR Hills, is a popular trekking destination located near Bangalore in Karnataka. The trek takes you through dense forests and offers stunning views of the surrounding hills. Here’s a detailed itinerary for the Bilikal Rangaswami Trek along with essential trekking information, fitness and training tips, safety tips, things to carry, costs, etc.
- Start early in the morning from Bangalore and reach the Bilikal Rangaswami Betta base camp by 6 AM.
- Begin the trek to the hilltop guided by experienced trek leaders.
- The trek takes around 3-4 hours and is moderately difficult with steep and rocky terrain.
- Reach the hilltop and enjoy the stunning views of the surrounding hills and valleys.
- Explore the hilltop and visit the nearby temple and pond.
- Descend back to the base camp and rest for a while.
- Drive back to Bangalore in the evening.
Fitness and Training Tips:
- Bilikal Rangaswami Trek is a moderate level of difficulty trek and requires a moderate level of fitness.
- It’s recommended to have a regular exercise routine that includes cardio and strength training.
- Hiking and trekking on hilly terrain can be physically demanding, and it’s recommended to do some uphill and downhill training before the trek.
- Make sure to stay hydrated and carry energy bars or snacks to keep your energy levels up.
- Carry a first aid kit and essential medicines.
- Wear sturdy trekking shoes with good grip to avoid slipping and falling.
- Listen to your trek leader’s instructions and don’t wander off the trail.
- Avoid carrying too much weight as it can cause strain on your back and legs.
- Carry a torch or headlamp for the trek as it involves trekking in the dark.
Things to Carry:
- Sturdy trekking shoes with good grip
- Comfortable clothes and extra pair of socks
- Raincoat or poncho (in case of rain)
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat
- Water bottle and energy bars/snacks
- First aid kit and essential medicines
- Backpack with a rain cover
- Trekking poles (optional)
- Torch or headlamp
- The cost of the trek depends on the type of accommodation and the mode of transportation chosen.
- The cost of accommodation can range from INR 500 to INR 2000 per night.
- Trekking organizers also offer packages that include transportation, food, and accommodation, which can cost around INR 1500 to INR 3000 per person.
Conclusion || Bilikal Rangaswami Betta Trek
In conclusion, the Bilikal Rangaswami Trek is a thrilling trek that offers stunning views of the surrounding hills and valleys. It’s essential to prepare well, carry the necessary items, and follow the safety tips to have a memorable trekking experience.
Book Your Flights : Here 30% OFF on Booking
Book Your Hotels : Here 20% OFF on Booking