Devarayanadurga is a popular trekking destination located about 70 kilometers from Bangalore, Karnataka. The hill station offers beautiful views of the surrounding landscape, ancient temples, and numerous trekking trails. In this itinerary, we will cover the main trekking trail to the peak and back, along with essential trekking information, fitness and training tips, safety tips, things to carry, and costs.
Devarayanadurga Trek, Karnataka
Duration: 1 Day
Level: Easy to moderate
Best time to visit: October to February
6:30 AM – Meet up with your trekking group at the designated location in Bangalore, and start your journey towards Devarayanadurga.
8:30 AM – Reach Devarayanadurga base, and have breakfast at a local restaurant.
9:30 AM – Start the trek from the base towards the peak. The trekking trail is well-marked and has multiple steps, making it an easy to moderate level trek. Enjoy the scenic views of the surrounding hills and lush greenery along the way.
11:00 AM – Reach the peak of Devarayanadurga, and enjoy the panoramic view of the surrounding areas. Take some time to relax and have snacks or lunch.
12:00 PM – Start descending back to the base.
1:30 PM – Reach the base, and have lunch at a local restaurant.
2:30 PM – Visit the ancient temples of Devarayanadurga, such as the Yoganarasimha temple and Bhoganarasimha temple.
4:00 PM – Start the return journey towards Bangalore.
6:00 PM – Reach Bangalore and bid farewell to the trekking group.
Fitness and Training Tips:
The Devarayanadurga Trek is a moderate level trek and suitable for beginners. However, it is important to have a basic level of fitness to enjoy the trek without any difficulty. Regular cardio exercises such as jogging, cycling, or swimming can help improve your stamina and endurance. Also, try to do some basic stretches and yoga exercises to avoid muscle strains and cramps.
- Always follow the instructions of the trek leader and stick to the designated trail.
- Wear proper trekking shoes with good grip and ankle support.
- Carry enough water and snacks to keep yourself hydrated and energized.
- Dress appropriately for the weather conditions and carry a raincoat or poncho in case of rain.
- Avoid littering and dispose of waste in a proper manner.
- Keep your valuables and electronic devices safe and secure.
Things to Carry:
- Trekking shoes with good grip and ankle support
- Comfortable clothing suitable for trekking
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun
- Raincoat or poncho (depending on the weather conditions)
- Water bottles (at least 2 liters)
- Snacks and energy bars
- Personal medication (if required)
- Camera or phone to capture the beautiful views
The cost of the Devarayanadurga Trek depends on various factors such as the mode of transportation, food, and accommodation. However, on average, the cost for a one-day trek can range from INR 1,000 to INR 2,000 per person. This includes transportation, food, and guide charges. If you prefer to stay overnight, the cost will increase accordingly.
Book Your Flights : Here 30% OFF on Booking
Book Your Hotels : Here 20% OFF on Booking