The Gogunda Trek is an ideal option for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts who want to explore the beautiful landscapes and scenic vistas of the Aravalli range. Located in the vicinity of Udaipur, Rajasthan, this trek takes you through lush green forests, waterfalls, and streams, and offers stunning views of the surrounding hills and valleys. The trek is named after the small village of Gogunda, which was once the capital of the Mewar kingdom.
The Gogunda Trek is an easy to moderate level trek suitable for beginners as well as experienced trekkers. The trek covers a total distance of approximately 15 km and can be completed in 1-2 days.
Training and fitness tips:
It is recommended that trekkers engage in regular physical exercise such as jogging, cycling, and swimming, to improve their endurance and stamina. Additionally, stretching exercises can help prevent muscle strains and injuries. Trekkers should also carry sufficient water and stay hydrated throughout the trek.
Trekkers should always stay on the designated trail and avoid straying off the path. It is also recommended to trek in groups, preferably with a certified guide. Adequate sun protection should be taken, including sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses. Trekkers should also be aware of the weather conditions and carry appropriate gear for the same.
Things to carry:
- Comfortable trekking shoes with good grip
- Lightweight and breathable clothing
- Sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses
- Sufficient water and hydration packs
- Snacks and energy bars
- First aid kit including essential medicines
- Trekking poles (optional)
- Camera and binoculars (optional)
- Reach Udaipur and check into accommodation.
- Depart for the base camp in Gogunda.
- Begin the trek from Gogunda village, which is situated at an altitude of 1178 meters.
- The trail passes through dense forests and uphill climbs to reach the top of the hill.
- Trek for approximately 5-6 hours, covering a distance of around 9 km, and reach the campsite at Badi Lake.
- Set up camp and relax for the evening. Dinner will be served at the campsite.
- Wake up early and witness the stunning sunrise over the Aravalli range.
- After breakfast, begin the descent towards the base camp in Gogunda.
- The trail passes through scenic forests, waterfalls, and streams.
- Trek for approximately 3-4 hours, covering a distance of around 6 km, and reach Gogunda village.
- Depart for Udaipur, where the trek ends.
The cost of the Gogunda Trek can vary depending on the trekking company and the amenities provided. On average, the trek can cost anywhere from INR 3,500-5,000 per person, which includes transportation, accommodation, meals, and trekking equipment.
Book Your Flights : Here 30% OFF on Booking
Book Your Hotels : Here 20% OFF on Booking