Junagadh Fort is an ancient fort situated in Junagadh, Gujarat. The fort was built in 319 BC by Chandragupta Maurya and has since been under the control of various rulers including the Mauryans, Chudasamas, Gujarat Sultanate, Mughals, and the British. The fort offers a unique trekking experience as it is situated on a hill and provides breathtaking views of the surrounding landscapes. The trek is moderate in difficulty and is suitable for beginners as well as experienced trekkers.
The Junagadh Fort Trek is a moderate level trek that can be completed by beginners as well as experienced trekkers. The trek involves walking on steep and rocky terrain and requires a moderate level of physical fitness.
Training and fitness tips:
It is recommended to do some physical exercise and cardio workouts before embarking on the Junagadh Fort Trek. A moderate level of fitness is required for the trek. It is advisable to do some warm-up exercises and stretches before starting the trek to prevent muscle cramps and injuries.
- Always carry enough water and stay hydrated during the trek.
- Wear appropriate trekking shoes with good grip to avoid slipping and falling.
- Follow the instructions of the trek leader and avoid taking shortcuts.
- Carry a first aid kit and necessary medications.
- Do not venture off the marked trail.
- Do not litter and keep the environment clean.
Things to carry:
- Water bottles and hydration packs.
- Trekking shoes with good grip.
- Backpack with rain cover.
- Warm clothes (depending on the season).
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat.
- Snacks and energy bars.
- First aid kit and necessary medications.
Day 1: Arrival in Junagadh
- Arrive in Junagadh and check into the hotel.
- Take some rest and explore the local markets and attractions.
- Attend a briefing session with the trek leader and other participants in the evening.
Day 2: Trek to Junagadh Fort
- After an early breakfast, start the trek to Junagadh Fort.
- The trek takes about 3-4 hours to reach the fort.
- Enjoy the breathtaking views of the surrounding landscapes and explore the fort.
- Have lunch at the fort and start the descent back to Junagadh.
- Return to the hotel in the evening and relax.
Day 3: Departure
- Check out of the hotel and depart for your next destination.
The cost of the Junagadh Fort Trek varies depending on the trek operator and the services included. On average, the cost of the trek ranges from INR 3,000 to INR 6,000 per person. The cost usually includes accommodation, meals, transportation, trekking equipment, and the services of a trek leader.
Book Your Flights : Here 30% OFF on Booking
Book Your Hotels : Here 20% OFF on Booking