Karauli, a small town in the state of Rajasthan, is a perfect destination for a trekking enthusiast who wants to experience the rural life and explore the natural beauty of Rajasthan. Karauli trek is a perfect blend of nature and culture, as it takes you through scenic landscapes, forests, and rural villages, giving you a glimpse of the traditional way of life in Rajasthan. This trek also offers the opportunity to visit some of the historic and religious sites of the region.
Karauli trek is an easy to moderate level trek, suitable for beginners and seasoned trekkers alike. The trek covers a distance of approximately 25 km and can be completed in 2-3 days.
Best time to visit:
The best time to visit Karauli for trekking is from October to March when the weather is pleasant and ideal for outdoor activities.
- Arrival at Karauli and check-in at the hotel or guest house.
- After breakfast, start the trek from Karauli to Kaila Devi temple.
- En route, explore the scenic beauty of the region and the local rural lifestyle.
- Reach Kaila Devi temple, a famous pilgrimage site dedicated to Goddess Kaila Devi.
- Stay overnight in a guest house or tent near the temple.
- Wake up early and visit the temple to offer prayers.
- After breakfast, start the trek to Madan Mohan Ji temple, located in the heart of the Karauli city.
- En route, pass through the villages and interact with the locals to learn about their culture and traditions.
- Reach Madan Mohan Ji temple, a famous temple dedicated to Lord Krishna.
- After the visit, return to the hotel or guest house for an overnight stay.
- After breakfast, depart from Karauli and proceed to your next destination.
Training and Fitness Tips:
As Karauli trek is an easy to moderate level trek, it is suitable for beginners and does not require any special training or fitness regime. However, it is advisable to be physically fit and prepare yourself for the trek by doing regular exercises and cardio workouts. It is also important to stay hydrated and carry enough water during the trek.
- Always carry a first aid kit with essential medicines and medical supplies.
- Stay with the group and follow the trek leader’s instructions.
- Wear comfortable and sturdy shoes with good grip.
- Do not litter and maintain the cleanliness of the trekking route.
- Respect the local culture and traditions.
- Do not venture out alone during the trek.
Things to Carry:
- Comfortable trekking shoes with good grip
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen lotion
- Hat or cap
- Light snacks and energy bars
- Warm clothes (for winters)
- Raincoat or windcheater (in case of rain)
- Personal medication and first aid kit
The cost of Karauli trek varies depending on the trek operator and the facilities included. On average, it can cost between INR 5,000 to INR 10,000 per person, including accommodation, meals, trekking guide, and transportation.
Book Your Flights : Here 30% OFF on Booking
Book Your Hotels : Here 20% OFF on Booking