Madhugiri Trek is a popular trekking destination located in the Tumkur district of Karnataka. Madhugiri is known for its towering single hill, which is the second-largest monolith in Asia. It is an ideal trek for beginners and offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape. Here is a detailed trek itinerary along with essential trekking information, fitness and training tips, safety tips, things to carry, costs, etc. for Madhugiri Trek.
- Reach Madhugiri early in the morning.
- Start the trek to Madhugiri fort.
- Reach the top and explore the fort.
- Descend to the base and have lunch.
- Visit nearby places like the Venkataramana Swamy Temple, Gopalakrishna Temple, and Malleshwara Temple.
- Spend the night in Madhugiri town.
- Visit the Jain temple and the old ruined fort.
- Depart from Madhugiri.
Essential Trekking Information:
- Trek Distance: 4 km (to the top of Madhugiri fort and back)
- Trek Duration: 3-4 hours
- Altitude: 3,930 feet
- Best Time to Trek: October to March
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
Fitness and Training Tips:
- Madhugiri Trek is a moderately difficult trek and requires a decent level of fitness.
- It is recommended to start exercising at least a month before the trek, focusing on cardio and strength training.
- Practice hiking on hilly terrain to prepare yourself for the trek.
- Stay hydrated and maintain a healthy diet.
- Wear comfortable and sturdy trekking shoes.
- Carry enough water and snacks for the trek.
- Carry a first-aid kit, insect repellent, and sunscreen.
- Follow the trekking trail and avoid taking shortcuts.
- Do not litter and carry back all trash.
Things to Carry:
- Sturdy trekking shoes
- Water bottles and energy drinks
- Snacks like dry fruits, energy bars, and chocolates
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- First-aid kit
- Insect repellent
- Extra clothes and raincoat (if necessary)
- Camera (optional)
- Trekking to Madhugiri fort is free of cost.
- Accommodation and food are available in Madhugiri town at reasonable prices.
- The best way to reach Madhugiri is by road.
- The nearest airport is Kempegowda International Airport in Bangalore, which is around 100 km away.
- The nearest railway station is Tumkur Railway Station, which is around 40 km away.
- Buses are available from Bangalore, Tumkur, and other nearby towns to Madhugiri.
Book Your Flights : Here 30% OFF on Booking
Book Your Hotels : Here 20% OFF on Booking