Raigad is a majestic fort located in the Sahyadri mountain range in the state of Maharashtra, India. The fort is known for its historical significance and stunning views of the surrounding landscape. If you’re looking for an adventurous trekking experience, Raigad Trek is a must-visit destination. Here is a detailed trek itinerary along with essential trekking information, safety tips, things to carry, training and fitness tips, and costs.
Day 1: Mumbai/Pune to Raigad Fort
- Early morning start from Mumbai/Pune to Raigad Fort
- Arrive at the base village of Pachad, have breakfast and start the trek
- Trek to the top of the fort, visit the historical monuments, and take in the breathtaking views
- Set up camp for the night
Day 2: Raigad Fort to Base Village
- Wake up early to witness the sunrise from the top of the fort
- Start the descent down the fort
- Reach the base village, have lunch and depart for Mumbai/Pune
Essential Trekking Information:
- Raigad Trek is a moderate level trek and takes approximately 3-4 hours to reach the top of the fort.
- The trek is accessible throughout the year, but the best time to visit is during the monsoon season (June to September) when the surrounding landscape is lush green, and the waterfalls are at their peak.
- The starting point of the trek is the base village of Pachad, which is easily accessible by road from Mumbai or Pune.
- There are no food stalls or water sources on the trek, so it is essential to carry enough food and water for the entire duration of the trek.
- The trekking trail is well-marked and easy to navigate. However, it is advisable to hire a guide who can provide insights into the history and geography of the region.
Things to Carry:
- Comfortable trekking shoes with good grip
- Lightweight and breathable clothing
- Backpack with rain cover
- Sleeping bag and mat
- Water bottles (2-3 liters)
- Snacks and dry fruits
- Torch with extra batteries
- Personal medication and toiletries
- Sunscreen lotion and hat
Training and Fitness Tips:
- Raigad Trek is a moderate level trek, and it is advisable to prepare your body for the trek beforehand.
- Start with basic cardiovascular exercises like jogging, cycling, or brisk walking to build stamina and endurance.
- Include strength training exercises like squats, lunges, and planks to build muscle strength.
- Practice climbing stairs or hills to get used to the uneven terrain.
- Always trek in a group and stay together.
- Follow the instructions of the guide and do not venture off the marked trail.
- Do not litter on the trek and carry back all waste with you.
- Do not consume alcohol or drugs during the trek.
- Carry a first aid kit and emergency contact numbers.
The cost of the Raigad Trek varies depending on the mode of transport, accommodation, and guide charges. On average, the cost for a two-day trek would be around INR 2,500-3,500 per person, which includes transportation, accommodation, and guide charges. However, the cost may vary based on the group size, mode of transport, and accommodation preferences.
Book Your Flights : Here 30% OFF on Booking
Book Your Hotels : Here 20% OFF on Booking