Trekking in Ratnagad, Maharashtra is a delightful experience for those who love to explore new destinations on foot. Located in the Sahyadri range, Ratnagad is an ideal trekking destination for beginners as well as experienced trekkers. This trek offers breathtaking views of the Western Ghats, dense forests, waterfalls, and mountain peaks.
Here is a detailed itinerary for the Ratnagad trek along with essential trekking information, things to carry, training and fitness tips, safety tips, and costs.
Day 1: Mumbai/Pune to Ratnagad base village (235 km/118 km)
Start your journey early in the morning from Mumbai or Pune and reach the Ratnagad base village by 9 am. The base village is called Ratanwadi. After having breakfast, start your trekking journey to Ratnagad. It is a moderate level trek and takes around 3-4 hours to reach the top. Enjoy the scenic beauty and panoramic views from the top. After spending some time at the top, head back to the base village. Have dinner and retire for the night in a homestay.
Day 2: Ratnagad to Mumbai/Pune
After having breakfast, depart for Mumbai/Pune, reaching your destination by late evening.
Essential Trekking Information:
Moderate Trek distance: 7 km (approx.)
Trek duration: 3-4 hours (one way)
Best time to visit: October to March Starting point: Ratanwadi village
Things to Carry:
- Trekking shoes: Invest in a good quality pair of trekking shoes with a good grip.
- Backpack: A backpack to carry your essentials.
- Water bottle: Carry at least two liters of water per person.
- Snacks: Carry dry fruits, energy bars, and chocolates.
- Clothes: Carry comfortable clothes that are suitable for trekking. Avoid jeans and wear light, breathable clothes.
- Jacket: Carry a warm jacket as the temperature drops in the evening.
- Trekking poles: Trekking poles can provide support on steep ascents and descents.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses: Protect yourself from the sun.
- First-aid kit: Carry a basic first-aid kit that includes pain relievers, antiseptics, and band-aids.
Training and Fitness Tips:
- Start with regular exercise: It is important to start exercising at least a month before the trek to build stamina and endurance.
- Practice walking on inclines: Walking on inclines is essential for building leg muscles and preparing for the trek.
- Increase water intake: Increase your water intake to keep yourself hydrated during the trek.
- Focus on breathing: Practice deep breathing exercises to improve lung capacity.
- Stretching: Incorporate stretching exercises in your routine to prevent muscle soreness.
- Follow the trek leader’s instructions.
- Stay on the designated trail.
- Carry a whistle or a personal alarm for emergencies.
- Do not litter and carry your waste with you.
- Carry a fully charged mobile phone and power bank.
The cost of the Ratnagad trek depends on various factors like transportation, accommodation, food, and equipment rental. The average cost of the Ratnagad trek is around INR 3,500-4,000 per person. However, the cost may vary depending on the tour operator, duration, and the number of people in the group.
Conclusion || Ratnagad Trek
In conclusion, the Ratnagad trek is a wonderful experience that offers stunning views of nature. With the right preparation
Book Your Flights : Here 30% OFF on Booking
Book Your Hotels : Here 20% OFF on Booking