The Kukru Wildlife Sanctuary is a natural habitat located in the Chhattarpur district of Madhya Pradesh. The sanctuary is surrounded by the Vindhya mountain range and is home to a wide range of wildlife species, including tigers, leopards, sambar deer, wild boars, and more. Trekking through this sanctuary is an excellent opportunity for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts to explore the diverse flora and fauna of Madhya Pradesh.
The Kukru Wildlife Sanctuary trek is considered moderate in terms of difficulty level. The terrain is hilly and the trek involves walking on narrow paths, which can be challenging for beginners. It is recommended to have prior trekking experience and to be in good physical shape before attempting this trek.
Training and fitness tips:
It is recommended to do regular exercise and cardio workouts to improve your stamina and endurance levels. Strengthening exercises for your legs, back, and core muscles can also help you prepare for the trek. Additionally, it is essential to stay hydrated and maintain a healthy diet to keep your body fit for the trek.
Trekking in any wildlife sanctuary requires a lot of caution and safety measures. It is recommended to go trekking in groups of at least 4-5 people, and to be accompanied by a local guide who is familiar with the area. It is also essential to carry basic first-aid supplies and necessary medications. Avoid wearing bright or flashy clothing, as it may attract unwanted attention from animals. Do not disturb or feed any animals, and maintain a safe distance from them.
Things to carry:
- Comfortable trekking shoes
- Lightweight and comfortable clothing suitable for trekking
- Raincoat or poncho
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Insect repellent
- Basic first-aid kit
- Sufficient water and snacks
- Backpack or daypack
- Arrival at Khajuraho airport or railway station
- Transfer to Kukru Wildlife Sanctuary
- Check-in at the forest guesthouse or camping site
- Introduction to the local guide and briefing on the trek
- Evening wildlife safari
- Early morning start for the trek
- Trek through the dense forest and hilly terrain
- Observe the wildlife and natural beauty of the sanctuary
- Stop for lunch at a scenic spot
- Continue trekking towards the campsite
- Set up camp and enjoy a bonfire dinner
- Wake up early for bird watching
- Enjoy breakfast and pack up camp
- Trek back to the starting point
- Return to Khajuraho airport or railway station for departure
The cost of the trek depends on the duration of the trek, the number of people, and the type of accommodation chosen. On average, a 3-day trek in Kukru Wildlife Sanctuary may cost around INR 10,000-15,000 per person, including food, accommodation, and guide charges. The cost may vary depending on the season and availability of resources.
Book Your Flights : Here 30% OFF on Booking
Book Your Hotels : Here 20% OFF on Booking