Vasota Fort is a popular trekking destination located in the Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary in Maharashtra, India. The trek takes you through dense forests, waterfalls, and scenic viewpoints. Here is a detailed itinerary along with essential trekking information, things to carry, training and fitness tips, safety tips, and costs for the Vasota Fort Trek:
- Start your journey from Mumbai/Pune in the early morning.
- Reach Bamnoli, the base village, by 11 am.
- Have lunch and pack your bags with essentials like water bottles, energy bars, first aid kit, etc.
- Take a boat ride across the Shivsagar Lake to reach the trekking trailhead.
- Begin the trek at around 1 pm. The trekking trail is well-defined and easy to follow.
- After a steady climb, you will reach the Vasota Fort, which is the highest point of the trek. It usually takes around 3-4 hours to reach the summit.
- Spend some time at the summit and enjoy the panoramic views of the surrounding peaks and valleys.
- Check-in at the campsite and freshen up.
- Have dinner and retire for the night.
- Wake up early in the morning and enjoy the sunrise from the fort.
- Have breakfast and begin the descent back to the base village, Bamnoli.
- Reach Bamnoli by late afternoon.
- Freshen up and have some snacks before beginning the journey back to Mumbai/Pune.
Essential Trekking Information:
- Trekking Distance: Around 12 km (round trip)
- Trekking Time: 6-7 hours (including breaks)
- Trekking Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult
- Altitude: 1,171 meters
- Best Time to Trek: November to February
- Temperature: The temperature during the day ranges from 15-20 degrees Celsius, while it drops to 10-15 degrees Celsius at night.
- Water Sources: There are a few small streams and waterfalls along the trekking trail, but it’s best to carry your own water bottles.
- Things to Carry: Comfortable trekking shoes, backpack, water bottles, energy bars, first aid kit, insect repellent, sunscreen, sunglasses, hat/cap, warm clothes (depending on the season), and a torch.
- Accommodation: There are a few campsites available in Bamnoli. The campsites offer basic amenities like bedding, clean toilets, and food.
- Permits: A permit is required from the forest department to enter the Koyna Wildlife Sanctuary. The permit can be obtained from the forest office in Bamnoli.
Training and Fitness Tips:
- Vasota Fort Trek is a moderate to difficult trek and requires a good level of fitness.
- Practice walking on uneven terrain and uphill slopes to get accustomed to the trekking trail’s rugged terrain.
- Start with small treks to build up endurance before attempting the Vasota Fort Trek.
- Always carry a first aid kit and essential medicines like painkillers, antiseptics, and anti-allergic medicines.
- Do not litter the trekking trail and carry your trash back with you.
- Check weather conditions before starting the trek and avoid trekking during monsoons.
- Stay hydrated and carry enough water and electrolyte supplements.
- Follow the instructions of your trek leader or guide and do not venture off the trail.
- The trek costs around INR 2,500-3,000 per person, including transportation, food, guide charges, and permit fees.
- If you plan to stay overnight in a campsite, the cost can go up to INR 3,500-4,000 per person.
Book Your Flights : Here 30% OFF on Booking
Book Your Hotels : Here 20% OFF on Booking