Trashigang is a bustling town located in eastern Bhutan, and it is known for its unique cultural heritage, breathtaking natural beauty, and vibrant markets. As a visiting tourist, Trashigang offers a unique and authentic experience that is not found in other parts of the world. Here is a guide to everything you need to know about visiting Trashigang.
Getting There One can reach Trashigang by either taking a domestic flight to Yonphula Airport or by driving from Thimphu, the capital city of Bhutan. The drive from Thimphu takes about 14 hours and offers spectacular views of the Himalayan mountains and valleys.
Things to Do Trashigang offers a range of activities that are perfect for tourists who want to experience the local culture and way of life. Here are some of the top things to do in Trashigang:
- Trashigang Dzong: The iconic Trashigang Dzong is a must-visit attraction in the town. The fortress is located on a hilltop overlooking the town, and it offers panoramic views of the surrounding valleys and mountains.
- Trashigang Market: The bustling Trashigang Market is a popular destination for tourists who want to experience the local culture and way of life. The market is known for its vibrant colors, local crafts, and fresh produce.
- Radhi Village: Radhi Village is located about 20 minutes away from Trashigang, and it is known for its unique weaving culture. The villagers weave textiles using traditional methods and natural dyes, and visitors can witness the process and even purchase some of the textiles.
- Kanglung Zangtopelri Lhakhang: The Kanglung Zangtopelri Lhakhang is a temple located about 10 minutes away from Trashigang. The temple is known for its unique architecture and peaceful surroundings.
- Phongmey Village: Phongmey Village is located about 2 hours away from Trashigang, and it is known for its unique bamboo weaving culture. Visitors can witness the process of weaving and purchase some of the handicrafts.
- Merak and Sakteng: Merak and Sakteng are two remote villages located about 4 hours away from Trashigang. The villages offer a unique cultural experience and are known for their traditional way of life and unique dress.
Where to Stay Trashigang offers a range of accommodation options for tourists, including guesthouses, hotels, and resorts. Some of the popular options include Druk Deothjung Resort, Druk Kuenphen Rabten Resort, and Trashigang Lodge.
When to Visit The best time to visit Trashigang is during the spring and fall seasons (March to May and September to November). During these seasons, the weather is pleasant, and the skies are clear, offering the best views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
Conclusion || Trashigang
In conclusion, Trashigang is a unique and authentic destination that offers a range of cultural experiences and natural beauty. From exploring the iconic Trashigang Dzong to visiting the vibrant Trashigang Market, there is something for every type of traveler in this charming town.
Book Your Flights : Here 30% OFF on Booking
Book Your Hotels : Here 20% OFF on Booking