Cherai Beach is a popular tourist destination located in the Ernakulam district of Kerala, India. Known for its serene beauty, calm waters, and pristine white sand, Cherai Beach is a must-visit destination for tourists visiting Kerala. In this article, we will provide a complete guide to Cherai Beach, including its history, attractions, things to do, and where to stay.
History: Cherai Beach has a rich history dating back to the 16th century when the Portuguese first arrived in India. It is believed that the Portuguese established a trading center at Cherai, which was then an important center of the spice trade. Over time, the area developed into a thriving fishing community, and today it is a popular tourist destination.
Attractions: Cherai Beach is famous for its stunning natural beauty and picturesque surroundings. Some of the key attractions at Cherai Beach include:
- Cherai Beach: The beach itself is the main attraction and is a long stretch of pristine white sand and calm waters. Visitors can relax on the beach, take a dip in the sea, or indulge in a variety of water sports.
- Backwaters: The backwaters at Cherai are another popular attraction. Visitors can take a boat ride through the backwaters, which are home to a variety of flora and fauna.
- Chinese Fishing Nets: The Chinese fishing nets, a common sight in Kerala, can be seen at Cherai Beach. These unique fishing nets are operated by a group of fishermen and are used to catch fish in the waters of the Arabian Sea.
- Cherai Gowreeshwara Temple: The Cherai Gowreeshwara Temple, located near the beach, is another popular attraction. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is a popular pilgrimage site.
Things to do: Cherai Beach offers a range of activities for visitors to enjoy. Some of the popular things to do at Cherai Beach include:
- Water sports: Visitors can indulge in a variety of water sports, including jet skiing, parasailing, and speed boating.
- Boat rides: Visitors can take a boat ride through the backwaters and enjoy the stunning scenery.
- Ayurvedic massages: There are several Ayurvedic centers near Cherai Beach where visitors can indulge in a relaxing massage.
- Sunset watching: Cherai Beach is known for its stunning sunsets, and visitors can enjoy watching the sunset over the Arabian Sea.
Where to stay: Cherai Beach offers a range of accommodation options to suit all budgets. Some of the popular places to stay at Cherai Beach include:
- Club Mahindra Cherai: A luxury resort located near the beach.
- Sea Lagoon Health Resort: A boutique resort located on the backwaters.
- Beach and Lake Ayurvedic Resort: An Ayurvedic resort located near the beach.
- Cherai Beach Resorts: A budget-friendly resort located near the beach.
Conclusion || Cherai Beach
Conclusion: Cherai Beach is a beautiful destination that offers something for everyone. Whether you are looking for relaxation, adventure, or cultural experiences, Cherai Beach has it all. With its stunning natural beauty, rich history, and range of attractions, Cherai Beach is a must-visit destination for tourists visiting Kerala.
Book Your Flights : Here 30% OFF on Booking
Book Your Hotels : Here 20% OFF on Booking