Jaisalmer, located in the heart of the Thar desert, is known as the “Golden City” of Rajasthan. This historical city is filled with forts, palaces, and temples that speak of the rich heritage and culture of Rajasthan. Jaisalmer is a popular tourist destination and attracts travelers from all over the world. Here are some of the best places to visit while in Jaisalmer.
- Jaisalmer Fort: Jaisalmer Fort is one of the most iconic landmarks of Jaisalmer. This massive sandstone fort stands atop a hill and offers a panoramic view of the city. The fort is also home to several palaces, Jain temples, and havelis.
- Patwon Ki Haveli: Patwon Ki Haveli is a cluster of five havelis that were built by a wealthy merchant family in the 19th century. These havelis are renowned for their intricate architecture, stunning murals, and beautiful stone carvings.
- Gadisar Lake: Gadisar Lake is a beautiful man-made lake that was built in the 14th century. This lake is surrounded by temples, ghats, and palaces, and is a popular spot for boating and birdwatching.
- Sam Sand Dunes: Sam Sand Dunes is a must-visit destination for adventure enthusiasts. These massive sand dunes are located 45 km from Jaisalmer and are a great place for camel safaris, jeep safaris, and desert camping.
- Bada Bagh: Bada Bagh is a garden complex that is home to several cenotaphs or chhatris of the royal family of Jaisalmer. These chhatris are known for their intricate carvings and stunning architecture.
- Jain Temples: Jaisalmer is home to several Jain temples, the most famous of which is the Jain Temple at Lodurva. This temple is renowned for its stunning architecture, intricate carvings, and beautiful murals.
- Desert National Park: The Desert National Park is located 40 km from Jaisalmer and is home to several species of desert animals and birds. Visitors can enjoy wildlife safaris, trekking, and birdwatching here.
- Kuldhara Village: Kuldhara Village is an abandoned village that is believed to be haunted. This village was once inhabited by the Paliwal Brahmins but was abandoned overnight in the 19th century.
- Salim Singh Ki Haveli: Salim Singh Ki Haveli is a stunning haveli that was built in the 18th century. This haveli is known for its unique architecture, beautiful stone carvings, and stunning murals.
- Jaisalmer War Museum: The Jaisalmer War Museum is a must-visit destination for history buffs. This museum is dedicated to the bravery and sacrifices of the Indian soldiers and showcases the rich military history of Rajasthan.
Conclusion || Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer is a beautiful city that offers a glimpse into the rich culture and heritage of Rajasthan. These are some of the best places to visit while in Jaisalmer, and each of them offers a unique experience that is sure to make your trip unforgettable.
Book Your Flights : Here 30% OFF on Booking
Book Your Hotels : Here 20% OFF on Booking