Kannur is a beautiful coastal city located in the northern part of Kerala. It is known for its scenic beaches, rich cultural heritage, and historical landmarks. Here is a guide for tourists visiting Kannur:
Things to See and Do in Kannur:
- Fort St. Angelo: This historic fort is one of the most popular attractions in Kannur. Built in the 16th century by the Portuguese, it offers stunning views of the Arabian Sea.
- Muzhappilangad Beach: This beautiful beach is located about 15 kilometers from Kannur and is known for its serene atmosphere and shallow waters. It is also the longest drive-in beach in Asia.
- Kannur Beach: This popular beach is located in the heart of Kannur and is known for its golden sand and clear waters. It is also a popular spot for swimming and water sports.
- Theyyam: This traditional art form is unique to the Kannur region and is performed in various temples and cultural festivals. It is a vibrant and colorful display of dance, music, and mythology.
- Arakkal Museum: This museum is located in the former palace of the Arakkal royal family and is a must-visit for history buffs. It showcases the history and culture of the region through various artifacts and exhibits.
Where to Stay in Kannur:
Kannur has several accommodation options ranging from budget hotels to luxury resorts. Some of the popular places to stay in the city are:
- The LaLiT Resort & Spa Bekal: This luxury resort is located about 30 kilometers from Kannur and offers beautiful views of the Arabian Sea. It also offers traditional Ayurvedic treatments and modern amenities.
- Malabar Residency: This mid-range hotel is located in the heart of Kannur and offers comfortable rooms and basic amenities.
- Kairali Heritage: This budget hotel is located near the Kannur Beach and offers comfortable rooms and modern amenities.
When to Visit Kannur:
The best time to visit Kannur is from October to May, when the weather is pleasant and cool. This is also the peak tourist season in Kerala, and the city is bustling with activity during this time. However, if you want to avoid the crowds, you can also visit Kannur during the monsoon season (June to September), when the surrounding hills and valleys are at their most beautiful.
Book Your Flights : Here 30% OFF on Booking
Book Your Hotels : Here 20% OFF on Booking