Kasargod is a beautiful town located in the northernmost district of Kerala, India. The town is known for its pristine beaches, scenic backwaters, and historic forts. One of the major attractions of Kasargod is its backwaters. Kasargod backwaters offer tourists a unique opportunity to explore the serene beauty of Kerala’s backwaters. In this article, we will explore everything that tourists need to know about Kasargod backwaters.
Location and geography Kasargod backwaters are situated in the northern part of Kerala. The backwaters are formed by four major rivers- Chandragiri, Shiriya, Kariangode, and Kavvayi. These rivers flow into the Arabian Sea and create a network of lagoons, canals, and estuaries. The backwaters are spread over an area of approximately 34 sq. km.
Sightseeing Kasargod backwaters offer tourists a wide range of sightseeing opportunities. The backwaters are home to a variety of flora and fauna. Tourists can spot a wide range of birds, fishes, and other aquatic animals in the backwaters. Some of the popular sightseeing options in Kasargod backwaters include:
- Houseboat cruise: One of the best ways to explore the backwaters is by taking a houseboat cruise. Tourists can rent a houseboat and enjoy a relaxing ride while admiring the scenic beauty of the backwaters.
- Fishing: Fishing is a popular activity in the backwaters. Tourists can try their hand at fishing and catch a variety of fishes like Karimeen, Tuna, and Mackerel.
- Birdwatching: Kasargod backwaters are home to a variety of birds like Kingfisher, Egret, Heron, and Brahminy Kite. Tourists can spot these birds while cruising through the backwaters.
- Beaches: The backwaters are located close to several beautiful beaches like Bekal Beach and Kappil Beach. Tourists can enjoy the scenic beauty of these beaches while exploring the backwaters.
- Forts: Kasargod is known for its historic forts like Bekal Fort and Chandragiri Fort. These forts are located close to the backwaters and offer tourists a glimpse into the region’s rich history.
Best time to visit The best time to visit Kasargod backwaters is from October to March. The weather during this time is pleasant, and the backwaters are at their most beautiful. The monsoon season, from June to September, should be avoided as the backwaters can be rough and dangerous during this time.
Accommodation There are several accommodation options available in Kasargod for tourists. From budget guesthouses to luxury resorts, tourists can choose from a wide range of options. Some of the popular accommodation options in Kasargod include:
- The Lalit Resort and Spa Bekal: This luxury resort is located close to the backwaters and offers tourists a wide range of amenities like a spa, swimming pool, and restaurant.
- Neeleshwar Hermitage: This eco-friendly resort is located on the backwaters and offers tourists a serene and peaceful atmosphere to relax and unwind.
- Kanan Beach Resort: This budget resort is located close to the backwaters and offers tourists comfortable rooms and basic amenities like a restaurant and swimming pool.
Conclusion || Kasargod
Conclusion Kasargod backwaters are a hidden gem of Kerala. Tourists can explore the serene beauty of the backwaters while enjoying a wide range of activities like fishing, birdwatching, and beach hopping. With its scenic beauty and serene atmosphere, Kasargod backwaters are a must-visit destination for tourists visiting Kerala.
Book Your Flights : Here 30% OFF on Booking
Book Your Hotels : Here 20% OFF on Booking