Anjar is a small town situated in the Kutch district of Gujarat, India. It is located about 40 kilometers from Bhuj, the district headquarters. Anjar is known for its rich history, culture, and architecture. The town is located on the banks of the river Kutch and is surrounded by hills on all sides. In this article, we will explore Anjar and all the tourist details you need to know.
History and Culture:
Anjar has a rich history that dates back to ancient times. The town was founded by Ajaypal, a Rajput king, in the 11th century. Anjar was an important center for trade and commerce, and it was an important hub for the production of textiles, handicrafts, and agricultural products.
The town has a diverse cultural heritage and is home to people of different religions and backgrounds. The town is known for its colorful festivals, including Navratri, Diwali, and Holi. Anjar is also known for its handicrafts, including traditional embroidery work, pottery, and weaving.
Anjar is a popular tourist destination with many attractions for visitors. Here are some of the top tourist attractions in Anjar:
- Jesal-Toral Samadhi: The Jesal-Toral Samadhi is a popular tourist attraction located in Anjar. It is a mausoleum built in memory of two lovers, Jesal and Toral, who were from different castes. The samadhi is known for its beautiful architecture and is a must-visit for history buffs.
- Kera Shiv Temple: The Kera Shiv Temple is a popular religious site in Anjar. The temple is known for its beautiful architecture and is a must-visit for visitors.
- Bhrigu Rishi Temple: The Bhrigu Rishi Temple is a popular religious site in Anjar. The temple is dedicated to the sage Bhrigu and is known for its beautiful architecture.
- Jyotirlinga Temple: The Jyotirlinga Temple is a popular religious site in Anjar. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is known for its beautiful architecture.
- Bhadreshwar Jain Temple: The Bhadreshwar Jain Temple is a popular religious site in Anjar. The temple is known for its beautiful architecture and is a must-visit for visitors.
- Kandla Port: Kandla Port is a major port located near Anjar. The port is known for its strategic location and is a must-visit for visitors interested in shipping and logistics.
- Wild Ass Sanctuary: The Wild Ass Sanctuary is a wildlife sanctuary located near Anjar. The sanctuary is home to a variety of animals and birds, including the wild ass, which is native to the region.
- Kutch Desert Wildlife Sanctuary: The Kutch Desert Wildlife Sanctuary is a popular tourist attraction located near Anjar. The sanctuary is home to a variety of animals and birds, including the Indian wild ass and the desert fox.
How to Reach:
Anjar is well-connected to the rest of the state and the country by road, rail, and air.
By Air: The nearest airport to Anjar is Bhuj Airport, which is located about 35 kilometers from the town.
By Rail: Anjar has its own railway station, which is well-connected to major cities in India, including Delhi, Mumbai, and Ahmedabad.
By Road: Anjar is well-connected by road to major cities in Gujarat and the rest of the country. Visitors can take buses or taxis to reach the town.
Book Your Flights : Here 30% OFF on Booking
Book Your Hotels : Here 20% OFF on Booking