Beyt Dwarika is a small island located off the coast of Gujarat in the Gulf of Kutch. The island is known for its religious significance as it is believed to be the original residence of Lord Krishna, the eighth incarnation of Lord Vishnu. The island is accessible by ferry from the nearby town of Okha and attracts many tourists and pilgrims who come to experience its natural beauty and religious significance.
History and Legend:
According to Hindu mythology, the city of Dwarika was established by Lord Krishna himself after he defeated his evil uncle Kansa. However, over time, the city was submerged under the sea. Beyt Dwarika is believed to be the original residence of Lord Krishna before he established the city of Dwarika. The island is also believed to have been the residence of the Yadava dynasty before they moved to Dwarika.
Beyt Dwarika is a popular destination for tourists and pilgrims who come to experience its natural beauty and religious significance. Here are some of the key tourist details:
- How to reach: Beyt Dwarika can be reached by taking a ferry from Okha, which is about 30 km from Dwarika. The ferry ride takes about 30 minutes and offers stunning views of the Gulf of Kutch.
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit Beyt Dwarika is between October and March when the weather is pleasant and the sea is calm.
- Things to do: The island is a popular destination for pilgrims who come to visit the Dwarkadhish Temple, which is dedicated to Lord Krishna. The temple is located on the island and is believed to have been the original residence of Lord Krishna. The island is also known for its natural beauty, and visitors can take a stroll along the beach or enjoy a boat ride in the Gulf of Kutch.
- Accommodation: There are a few basic accommodation options on the island, including guest houses and dharamshalas. However, many visitors prefer to stay in Dwarika and make a day trip to Beyt Dwarika.
- Other attractions: In addition to the Dwarkadhish Temple, the island is also home to other temples, including the Rukmani Temple, the Gomti Ghat Temple, and the Hanuman Temple.
Beyt Dwarika is a unique and fascinating destination that offers a glimpse into the rich history and mythology of India. Whether you’re a religious pilgrim or a curious traveler, this small island is well worth a visit.
Book Your Flights : Here 30% OFF on Booking
Book Your Hotels : Here 20% OFF on Booking