Saputara is a quaint hill station located in the western Indian state of Gujarat. It is situated in the Dang district of Gujarat and is at an elevation of 1,000 meters above sea level. The name “Saputara” translates to “the abode of serpents,” and the place is surrounded by lush green forests, waterfalls, and scenic vistas. In this article, we will provide a detailed guide on what to see and do in Saputara.
Best Time to Visit Saputara:
The best time to visit Saputara is from October to February, when the weather is cool and pleasant. During this time, the temperature ranges from 8°C to 28°C, making it an ideal time to explore the city’s attractions. The summer months, from March to June, are hot and humid, with temperatures reaching up to 35°C, making it a less favorable time to visit.
Top Tourist Attractions in Saputara:
- Saputara Lake: Saputara Lake is a popular attraction in the city and is surrounded by lush greenery. Visitors can enjoy boating and take a stroll on the lakeside promenade.
- Gira Waterfalls: Gira Waterfalls is a breathtaking waterfall located about 49 km from Saputara. It is an ideal spot for a picnic and to enjoy the scenic beauty of the area.
- Saputara Tribal Museum: Saputara Tribal Museum is a museum that showcases the lifestyle, culture, and traditions of the tribal communities living in and around Saputara.
- Table Top Point: Table Top Point is a scenic spot located on a hilltop and offers stunning views of the surrounding hills and valleys.
- Sunrise Point: Sunrise Point is another scenic spot in Saputara, located on a hilltop. Visitors can enjoy the stunning sunrise view from here.
Other things to do in Saputara include visiting the Echo Point, which is a scenic viewpoint known for its echo effects, and the Step Garden, which is a terraced garden with a waterfall and a variety of plants.
How to Reach Saputara:
The city is well connected by road and the nearest airport is Surat Airport, which is located about 156 km from the city. The nearest railway station is located in Bilimora, which is about 50 km from Saputara. Buses and taxis are also available for travel within the city.
Where to Stay in Saputara:
The city has several accommodation options, including budget hotels, luxury hotels, and resorts. Visitors can choose to stay in the city center or in nearby areas like Waghai, Ahwa, and Vansda.
Conclusion || Saputara
In conclusion, Saputara is a must-visit destination for those who want to explore the natural beauty of Gujarat. From scenic waterfalls and lakes to stunning hilltop views, the city has something for everyone. If you’re planning a trip to Gujarat, Saputara is definitely worth a visit.
Book Your Flights : Here 30% OFF on Booking
Book Your Hotels : Here 20% OFF on Booking