Sardar Sarovar Dam is one of the largest dams in India and is located in the Narmada district of Gujarat. The dam was built on the Narmada River and has become a popular tourist destination due to its sheer size and scenic beauty. In this article, we will explore all the tourist details of Sardar Sarovar Dam in Gujarat.
Sardar Sarovar Dam is located in the Narmada district of Gujarat, about 90 kilometers from the city of Vadodara. Visitors can reach the dam by road, taking the National Highway 53.
Things to do:
Sardar Sarovar Dam is a popular destination for tourists looking for a unique experience. Some of the popular activities and things to do at Sardar Sarovar Dam include:
- Sightseeing: Visitors can enjoy the scenic beauty of the dam and the surrounding landscape. The view from the top of the dam is particularly breathtaking and offers panoramic views of the Narmada River and the surrounding hills.
- Boating: Visitors can take a boat ride on the Narmada River and enjoy the tranquil waters and scenic beauty.
- Trekking: Visitors can explore the nearby hills and take a trek to the nearby waterfalls.
- Birdwatching: Sardar Sarovar Dam is a popular spot for birdwatchers. Visitors can spot a variety of local and migratory birds such as flamingos, cranes, and storks.
Sardar Sarovar Dam offers a few accommodation options for visitors to choose from. Visitors can choose from guesthouses and small resorts. Some of the popular accommodation options near Sardar Sarovar Dam include:
- Shoolpaneshwar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Rajpipla Palace
Best time to visit:
The best time to visit Sardar Sarovar Dam is between October and March when the weather is pleasant and cool. Visitors should avoid visiting the dam during the monsoon season, from June to September, as the water level can rise significantly and the dam may be closed to visitors.
Tips for visitors:
- Follow the rules and regulations of the dam.
- Respect the local culture and traditions.
- Wear appropriate clothing while visiting religious sites.
- Carry sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Avoid littering on the dam and surrounding areas.
Conclusion || Sardar Sarovar Dam
In conclusion, Sardar Sarovar Dam is a popular tourist destination in Gujarat, offering visitors a unique experience. Visitors can enjoy a variety of activities, such as sightseeing, boating, trekking, and birdwatching. Sardar Sarovar Dam offers a few accommodation options for visitors to choose from. Visitors should plan their visit during the best time of the year and take appropriate precautions while exploring the dam.
Book Your Flights : Here 30% OFF on Booking
Book Your Hotels : Here 20% OFF on Booking