Sayaji Baug, also known as Kamati Baug, is a sprawling public garden in the city of Vadodara, Gujarat. The garden is spread across 113 acres and is home to numerous attractions including a zoo, a planetarium, a museum, a flower clock, and many more. The park is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Vadodara and is a great place to spend a relaxing day with family and friends.
History: Sayaji Baug was built in 1879 by Maharaja Sayajirao III, who was the visionary ruler of the princely state of Baroda. The garden was named after him in honor of his contribution towards the development of the city. The garden was designed by Major Robert Keating and has been well-maintained and expanded over the years.
Attractions: Sayaji Baug is home to several attractions that make it a must-visit destination for tourists. Some of the most popular attractions at the garden are:
- Zoo: The Sayaji Baug Zoo is home to several exotic species of animals such as lions, tigers, leopards, bears, and many more. The zoo also houses a reptile house and an aviary.
- Museum: The garden also has a museum, which showcases the rich cultural heritage of the state of Gujarat. The museum has a collection of ancient artifacts, manuscripts, and artworks.
- Planetarium: The planetarium at Sayaji Baug is one of the most advanced planetariums in India. It has a dome-shaped screen that provides an immersive experience of the night sky.
- Floral Clock: The garden also has a giant floral clock, which is a popular attraction among visitors. The clock is made up of flowers and changes its design with the change of season.
- Musical Fountain: The garden has a beautiful musical fountain that comes alive in the evenings. The fountain dances to the beats of the music, creating a mesmerizing experience for the visitors.
- Joyrides: The park also offers joyrides for children on toy trains, horse carriages, and vintage cars.
- Boating: The garden also has a lake where visitors can enjoy boating.
Visiting information: Sayaji Baug is open every day from 5 am to 11 pm. The best time to visit the garden is during the winter season from November to February when the weather is pleasant. The entry fee for the garden is nominal and varies for different attractions.
The garden is located in the heart of the city and is easily accessible by local transport. Visitors can take a bus, taxi or auto-rickshaw to reach the garden. The garden has ample parking space for visitors who come in their private vehicles.
Conclusion || Sayaji Baug
In conclusion, Sayaji Baug is a must-visit destination for tourists who are visiting Vadodara. The garden offers a perfect blend of nature, history, and entertainment, making it an ideal place for a day out with family and friends.
Book Your Flights : Here 30% OFF on Booking
Book Your Hotels : Here 20% OFF on Booking