Bisle Ghat Trek is a beautiful trek located in the Western Ghats of Karnataka, known for its lush greenery, stunning waterfalls, and breathtaking views. Here’s a detailed itinerary for the Bisle Ghat Trek along with essential trekking information, fitness and training tips, safety tips, things to carry, costs, etc.
- Start early in the morning from Bangalore and reach the Bisle Forest Guest House by noon.
- Check-in to the guest house and rest for a while.
- Post-lunch, visit the nearby Bisle View Point and enjoy the panoramic views of the surrounding mountains.
- Return to the guest house and retire for the night.
- Wake up early and start the trek to the Bisle Ghat viewpoint.
- The trek involves a moderate level of difficulty and takes around 3-4 hours to reach the viewpoint.
- The trek passes through dense forests, beautiful waterfalls, and steep rocky terrains.
- Reach the viewpoint by afternoon and enjoy the stunning views of the surrounding valleys.
- Retire for the night at the guest house.
- Wake up early and visit the nearby waterfalls – Jenukal Gudda and Barkana Falls.
- Enjoy the scenic beauty of the waterfalls and return to the guest house.
- Start the return journey to Bangalore.
Fitness and Training Tips:
- The Bisle Ghat Trek is a moderate level of difficulty trek and requires a moderate level of fitness.
- It’s recommended to have a regular exercise routine that includes cardio and strength training.
- Hiking and trekking on hilly terrain can be physically demanding, and it’s recommended to do some uphill and downhill training before the trek.
- Make sure to stay hydrated and carry energy bars or snacks to keep your energy levels up.
- Carry a first aid kit and essential medicines.
- Wear sturdy trekking shoes with good grip to avoid slipping and falling.
- Listen to your trek leader’s instructions and don’t wander off the trail.
- Avoid carrying too much weight as it can cause strain on your back and legs.
- Avoid trekking during monsoon as the terrain can be slippery and dangerous.
Things to Carry:
- Sturdy trekking shoes with good grip
- Comfortable clothes and extra pair of socks
- Raincoat or poncho (in case of rain)
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hat
- Water bottle and energy bars/snacks
- First aid kit and essential medicines
- Backpack with a rain cover
- Trekking poles
- The cost of the trek depends on the type of accommodation and the mode of transportation chosen.
- The cost of accommodation can range from INR 500 to INR 2000 per night.
- Trekking organizers also offer packages that include transportation, food, and accommodation, which can cost around INR 5000 to INR 8000 per person.
Conclusion || Bisle Ghat Trek
In conclusion, the Bisle Ghat Trek is a beautiful trek that offers stunning views of the Western Ghats. It’s essential to prepare well, carry the necessary items, and follow the safety tips to have a memorable trekking experience.
Book Your Flights : Here 30% OFF on Booking
Book Your Hotels : Here 20% OFF on Booking