Mandalpatti Trek is a popular trekking destination in Coorg, Karnataka. The trek offers panoramic views of the surrounding hills, valleys, and waterfalls, making it a must-visit destination for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts. Here is a detailed itinerary, along with essential information, fitness and training tips, safety tips, things to carry, costs, etc. for the Mandalpatti Trek.
Day 1: Bangalore to Coorg
- Start early in the morning and reach Coorg by afternoon.
- Check-in at the homestay or guesthouse and rest for a while.
- Explore the nearby surroundings and relax for the rest of the day.
- Stay overnight in the homestay.
Day 2: Mandalpatti Trek
- Start early in the morning and drive to the trekking point, which is around 20 km from the homestay.
- Begin the trek, which is around 5 km from the base point.
- The trek takes around 2-3 hours, and you will be trekking through hills, grasslands, and forests.
- Reach the summit, enjoy the stunning views, and take some rest.
- Descend back to the base point, which takes around 2-3 hours.
- Drive back to the homestay and stay overnight.
Day 3: Coorg Sightseeing and Return to Bangalore
- After breakfast, visit some of the popular tourist spots in Coorg, such as Abbey Falls, Dubare Elephant Camp, and the Golden Temple.
- Start your return journey to Bangalore in the evening.
Fitness and Training Tips:
Mandalpatti Trek is a moderate level trek, and it requires a good level of physical fitness. Here are some tips for preparing for the trek:
- Start training at least one month before the trek.
- Do cardio exercises like running, cycling, or swimming to improve your stamina.
- Do strength training exercises to strengthen your muscles, especially your legs and core.
- Go on practice hikes on weekends to get used to trekking on different terrains and carrying a backpack.
- Carry a first aid kit and essential medicines.
- Stay hydrated throughout the trek and carry enough water.
- Do not litter and carry all the trash back with you.
- Always follow the trek leader’s instructions and stay in the group.
- Carry a whistle and a flashlight with you.
Things to Carry:
- Trekking shoes
- Warm clothes
- Raincoat or poncho
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Water bottles
- Snacks and energy bars
- First aid kit
The cost of the Mandalpatti Trek varies depending on the season and the trekking company you choose. On average, the cost of the trek can range from Rs. 2,000 to Rs. 4,000 per person, including food, accommodation, and transportation.
The best time to do the Mandalpatti Trek is from October to March, as the weather is pleasant and the trek is less challenging. The monsoon season from June to September is not recommended as the trail can be slippery and dangerous.
Book Your Flights : Here 30% OFF on Booking
Book Your Hotels : Here 20% OFF on Booking