Tadiandamol Trek is a popular trekking destination in Karnataka, known for its lush green forests, grassy slopes, and stunning views from the summit. Tadiandamol is the highest peak in Coorg and is located at an altitude of 1,748 meters above sea level. The trek takes you through the beautiful landscapes of the Western Ghats, and it is a perfect weekend getaway for adventure seekers.
Day 1: Bangalore to Coorg
- Start from Bangalore early in the morning and reach Coorg by afternoon.
- Check-in at the hotel or homestay and rest for a while.
- Visit the nearby attractions like Abbey Falls, Raja’s Seat, and Omkareshwara Temple.
- Stay overnight in Coorg.
Day 2: Tadiandamol Trek
- Start early in the morning and drive to the basecamp, which is approximately 35 km from Coorg.
- Begin the trek, which is around 8 km from the basecamp.
- The trek takes around 4-5 hours, and you will be trekking through dense forests, grassy slopes, and rocky terrain.
- Reach the summit, enjoy the stunning views, and take some rest.
- Descend back to the basecamp, which takes around 3-4 hours.
- Drive back to Coorg and stay overnight.
Day 3: Return to Bangalore
- Start early in the morning and return to Bangalore.
Fitness and Training Tips:
Tadiandamol Trek is a moderate level trek, and it requires a good level of physical fitness. Here are some tips for preparing for the trek:
- Start training at least a month before the trek.
- Do cardio exercises like running, cycling, or swimming to improve your stamina.
- Do strength training exercises to strengthen your muscles, especially your legs and core.
- Go on practice hikes on weekends to get used to trekking on different terrains and carrying a backpack.
- Carry a first aid kit and essential medicines.
- Stay hydrated throughout the trek and carry enough water.
- Do not litter and carry all the trash back with you.
- Always follow the trek leader’s instructions and stay in the group.
- Carry a whistle and a flashlight with you.
Things to Carry:
- Trekking shoes
- Warm clothes
- Raincoat or poncho
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Water bottles
- Snacks and energy bars
- First aid kit
The cost of the Tadiandamol Trek varies depending on the season and the trekking company you choose. On average, the cost of the trek can range from Rs. 3,500 to Rs. 6,000 per person, including food, accommodation, and transportation.
Best Time To Trek:
The best time to do the Tadiandamol Trek is from October to February, as the weather is pleasant and the trek is less challenging. The monsoon season from June to September is not recommended as the trail can be slippery and dangerous.
Book Your Flights : Here 30% OFF on Booking
Book Your Hotels : Here 20% OFF on Booking