Andharban Trek is a popular trek in Maharashtra, India. It’s a day-long trek that covers a distance of approximately 13 km and takes around 6-7 hours to complete. The trail takes you through dense forests, waterfalls, streams, and breathtaking viewpoints. Here’s a detailed trek itinerary along with all essential trekking information, things to carry, training and fitness tips, safety tips, and costs for Andharban Trek.
06:00 AM: Arrive at Pimpri village, which is the starting point of the trek. 06:30 AM: Have breakfast and start the trek.
10:30 AM: Reach the halfway point of the trek and take a short break.
01:00 PM: Reach the end point of the trek, which is Bhira village.
02:00 PM: Have lunch and depart for Mumbai/Pune.
- Trek Grade: Easy to Moderate
- Trek Distance: 13 km
- Trek Duration: 6-7 hours
- Starting Point: Pimpri Village
- End Point: Bhira Village
- Maximum Altitude: 2,100 ft
- Best Time to Visit: June to September
- Trek Fee: INR 1,000-1,500 per person
Things to Carry:
- Backpack with rain cover
- Trekking shoes with good grip
- Water bottle (at least 2 liters)
- Snacks like energy bars, chocolates, dry fruits, etc.
- Personal medication kit
- Sunscreen lotion
- Extra pair of clothes
- Torch with extra batteries
Training and Fitness Tips:
Andharban Trek is an easy to moderate level trek, but it still requires some physical fitness. Here are some training and fitness tips to prepare for the trek:
- Start with basic cardio exercises like running, cycling, or swimming.
- Practice walking on uneven terrain and uphill climbs.
- Increase your endurance by doing regular exercises like squats, lunges, and planks.
- Do breathing exercises to improve your lung capacity.
- Always carry a first aid kit and personal medication.
- Follow the instructions of the trek guide and don’t wander off alone.
- Wear proper trekking shoes with good grip to avoid slipping.
- Stay hydrated and carry enough water and snacks.
- Be cautious while crossing streams and waterfalls.
- Don’t litter and keep the trail clean.
The trek fee for Andharban Trek is around INR 1,000-1,500 per person, which includes transportation, food, and guide charges. However, the cost may vary depending on the trek operator and the season.
Andharban Trek is a beautiful and easy to moderate level trek that offers stunning views of the Western Ghats. The trek requires some physical fitness and preparation, but it’s worth the effort. Follow the essential trekking information, things to carry, training and fitness tips, safety tips, and costs mentioned above to have a safe and enjoyable trekking experience.
Book Your Flights : Here 30% OFF on Booking
Book Your Hotels : Here 20% OFF on Booking